The Easy Step-By-Step Method For Cooking Mouth Watering BBQ Roast Pork.
OK, the Book Of BBQ gives the following guidance for those wishing to cook the perfect BBQ Roast cut of Pork;
- Pre-heat your BBQ to 220C (428F)
- While the BBQ is coming up to temperature, slice a hatch pattern into the skin of the meat, 3-5mm deep. Basically you want to cut through the skin and into the fat, but not into the flesh
- Using your hands, rub olive oil all over the meat. It doesn’t need to be dripping off, just a thin film all over
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over the meat, and iff the urge takes you, rub that in as well !
- Put the meat into a roasting pan if you haven’t already, then put the meat into the BBQ if it’s up to temperature
- Roast for 30 minutes at 220°C (428°F)
- Reduce oven temperature to 160 °C (320°F) and continue to roast for 50 minutes per Kg (23 minutes per pound)
- If you have a probe themometer, check the temperature in the thickest part of the meat and use this table as your guide;
Doneness Celsius Fahrenheit
Medium 63 145
Med-Well 68 155
Well Done 76 170
If you don’t have a probe themometer, check that the juices run clear by piercing the thickest parts of the roast with a skewer down to the bone. If the juices run pink, you need to keep cooking until the juices run clear.
Once it reaches your target temperature, turn off the BBQ and rest the meat for 20-30 minutes before carving.
OK, that’s everything you need to know. Once your comfortable that you’ve mastered this technique you can start investigating more advanced variations such as brining, marinades, rubs, and glazes.